Lacrim

Powerflex 700s (Alarm condition)

29 posts in this topic

Hello ! Need your help please . Powerflex is flashing yellow  an alarm condition exist (run inhibit stat) bit 1 is true ( no enable) ! What is exactly the problem and thanks in advance .

Is it giving you an error code?

Inhibit is usually the lack of safety circuit.

there is no errore code . Yes that's true but the safty circuit is ok and the bit 1  still  true . I don't understand why

Edited by Lacrim

The 700 stores that last three faults seen.  Check those to determine a possible cause.  You say the safety circuit is good, but the drive can't see it.  Check for wiring mistakes.  Maybe a wire has come loose.  Maybe there is no 24VDC due to a blown fuse.  If you have RSLogix5000 you should be able to connect to the drive and find additional information.

31 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

The 700 stores that last three faults seen.  Check those to determine a possible cause.  You say the safety circuit is good, but the drive can't see it.  Check for wiring mistakes.  Maybe a wire has come loose.  Maybe there is no 24VDC due to a blown fuse.  If you have RSLogix5000 you should be able to connect to the drive and find additional information.

RSlogix is showing ( fallada eix arrastre) (catalan language) 

31 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

1 hour ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Is it giving you an error code?

Inhibit is usually the lack of safety circuit.

Can you provide a picture of where RSLOGIX shows this fault?

5 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Can you give your whatsapp number because the apps gives an error in transmission 😫

5 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Is this a new installation, or one with recent changes made to it? Or is this something that was working and then stopped?

Assuming it may be a new installation, some of the PowerFlex 7- series drives require the Enable to be wired to terminal 6. If your safety/enable circuit is wired to a different terminal, you could be inhibited even though the circuit is true.

No its not a new installation  . One cable come from security device to dig input 5 and common to dig input 3 .  input 6 not ussed

How can i configure input 5 as a (enable)?   because  Input6 is not showing  during start-up 

Edited by Lacrim

hello. hope i can have an answer to my quation . device(powerflex700)  still no enable even when we give 24v to digital input 6  !! why ? 

Is it a 700vc or a 700S? What is in the alarm queue. @ElectronGuru  powerflex 7 series do not require enables on input 6 by default. A user has to pull the enable jumper which then forces input 6 to be an enable. If this was the case, the drive wouldn’t start 

Edited by VFD Guy

Yes . and when we put jumper in another side (pins 1 and 3) ,the drive sts flashing green and that's ok  . But rslogix wouldn't reset the alarm from screen of the machine 

Alarms don’t reset. They go away when the condition goes away. Is this a 700S or 700vc. What is the catalog number 

PowerFlex 700S High Performance AC Drive - Phase II Control . When we change the pins of the jumper from (2.4) to (1.3 ) drive state is ok but the alarm still in the screen of the machine i dont know how? 

15 hours ago, VFD Guy said:

Is it a 700vc or a 700S? What is in the alarm queue. @ElectronGuru  powerflex 7 series do not require enables on input 6 by default. A user has to pull the enable jumper which then forces input 6 to be an enable. If this was the case, the drive wouldn’t start 

My mistake; it appears to only be the PowerFlex 70 that requires digital input 6 to be the drive enable input. 

Even when i use dig input 6 the problem still.  And  local i/o status shows that's input 6 is false . Reverse if i use others input  status  shows input as it's true .

If i use pins of enable jumper (1.3)(no hardware enable)  drive flashing green  . That's mean it's ok

3 hours ago, VFD Guy said:

What does the alarm queue say?

Fallada eix arrastre

@ElectronGuru A PF70 also does not require input 6 to be an enable. It functions the same way as a 700 or 700S. Input 6 can be what ever you want to program it for. If you pull the hardware enable jumper, then input 6 MUST be the enable input. @Lacrim, is says this on the HIM? Can you give me the alarm number that is in the queue?

Edited by VFD Guy
1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, VFD Guy said:

@ElectronGuru A PF70 also does not require input 6 to be an enable. It functions the same way as a 700 or 700S. Input 6 can be what ever you want to program it for. If you pull the hardware enable jumper, then input 6 MUST be the enable input. @Lacrim, is says this on the HIM? Can you give me the alarm number that is in the queue?

No. Him flashing yellow whiteout alarm or fault .the  Alarm is showing on the screen of the machine .

43 minutes ago, Lacrim said:

@VFD GuyExactly. That’s for the hair splitting elaboration. 

Edited by ElectronGuru
Inserted incorrect quote.

@Lacrim If there is an alarm on your HMI, then it would be whatever the programmer assigned for your HMI. To find out if it is a true drive alarm, check the alarm queue from the HIM. I'm not sure if you're using an A3 or A6 HIM. Either way, there will be an alarm queue. It has the record of the last 100 alarms (assuming it's not been cleared). if you clear the alarm queue, whatever stays is the current alarm. If you have a flashing STS LED, the alarm should appear there.

The alarm description you're getting " Fallada eix arrastr" according to Google Translate is "Drag Axis Failure", which I can't find in the Fault/Alarm Descriptions in the manual (Publication 20D-PM001D-EN-P - March 2019). @VFD Guy is correct that to better help you solve this, we could really use the exact numeric alarm code. Whether you're using an A3 or A6 HIM, you should be able to use the HIM to navigate to the Alarms section, follow @VFD Guy's suggestion of deleting the alarm que, and see what alarm then shows up. The yellow flashing STS light on the front of the drive indicates a Type 2 alarm, meaning you're not going to start that drive until you find and remove the condition causing the flashing light.

Going back to your original post, you said that, " an alarm condition exist (run inhibit stat) bit 1 is true ( no enable)". I assume you're looking at parameter 156, "Start Inhibits". When bit 1 is true the book instructs us that there is "no enable" as seen by the drive. Sometimes inputs fail and the drive can't see that the 24 volts is present at a terminal block. If I were there in your facility, I would immediately look to see which digital input is programmed as Enable, then go look at the digital input status parameter to see if that bit is true when 24 volts is applied at the correct terminal block.

There are cases where drive peripherals can cause an inhibit that manifests itself as a "drive not enabled" alarm condition. For example, if you have a Safe Speed Monitor card installed and someone placed that SSM in Program Mode, the drive would be disabled, you'd have a yellow light, and no other indication as to what's causing the start inhibit. Program Mode in an SSM card is logically in series with Drive Enable, but there's nothing in the HIM, drive parameters, or Alarm que that would indicate this is the issue. That said, I started a Connected Components Workbench project and added a PowerFlex 700S drive to it and I don't see that SSM is an available option for that drive, but I'm using V10 (V13 is the most current) so I might not have the latest available info.

The other thing that concerns me is you said this is not a new installation, which leads me to believe that this was working for a period of time, then stopped. Which, in turn, always leads me to the same question; what changed?

• Did someone change a parameter setting? The easiest way to check this is to get on line with the drive using CCW and check the "Show Non-Defaults" to see what has changed from factory settings. (I can't remember if the A3 HIM has this feature but the A6 does. @VFD Guy, do you know if there's a changed parameters feature on the A3?)
  • If used as a drive enable, did the digital input burn out? As mentioned above, find out where digin for enable is programmed, and check that the drive sees that bit go true when 24VDC is applied.
  • Is there a peripheral somewhere that is holding the drive in "not enabled"? Is there a 20-COM card, or any other extras installed on the drive that might be causing the issue?

Start with easiest stuff first, and work your way through it. 

Edited by ElectronGuru
Punctuation and spelling
2 people like this