nurgordeev

GX Works 3 Timer (TON)

10 posts in this topic

Hello, please help me deal with this problem. Mitsubishi GX Works 3. I can not understand why the TON function block does not work correctly. I need to set the timer in minutes, but if I set 55 minutes, the timer doesn't start and an error appears. How do I make a timer to avoid this? Going through the values, I found out that this happens with the numbers 55-110, although at times large numbers work adequately.

t_0 - DINT
flushing - TON
applyNewTime - Bit

1313131313.jpg

12121212121.jpg

Edited by nurgordeev

You have to change the resolution of the Long timer in the PLC parameters. It is set to 0.001 ms by default.

just change it to 1 sec and you can use the TON to 32767 sec  (9 hrs .....)

Can't find this setting in GX Works 3. Where is it set?

CPU paramters => operational settings

Or do you have an FX5?

Edited by Gambit

The FX5 doens't have this settings

How then to solve this problem?

"Hello, please help me deal with this problem. Mitsubishi GX Works 3. I can not understand why the TON function block does not work correctly. I need to set the timer in minutes, but if I set 55 minutes, the timer doesn't start and an error appears. How do I make a timer to avoid this? Going through the values, I found out that this happens with the numbers 55-110, although at times large numbers work adequately."

Edited by Vladislav72

41 minutes ago, Vladislav72 said:

How then to solve this problem?

Just use multiple TONS, use regular timer/counters or use the special SM412 etc devices

We have a function block that increments a DINT off the one second timing flag - counts to over 60 years. Do it in ST and it will copy and paste across all PLC's (one of the best features of ST in my opinion).