ratdude747

Q03UDE IP address won't change???

8 posts in this topic

Bought a couple of used Q03UDE CPUs on eBay for a project at work.

One of them works fine, no issues. However, the other's IP address is stuck on 10.1.1.101 despite having the new address in the parameters (which comes back correctly when I read back the PLC parameters). 

I've unplugged the backup battery (which isn't throwing the battery low bit) for a weekend to see if that helped... nothing

Otherwise, the only other issues I had were with trying to set up file registers (kept complaining about being out of space despite setting the number of points really low) which I worked around by converting the code to using latched D-registers instead. I didn't test this on the other CPU, so it might not be related. I'm running the exact same code on both PLCs

Is there some secret to fixing this CPU, or is it a dud? Thankfully I got them for very, very cheap so I (well, my employer) isn't out a whole lot if it's toast.

I've attached a copy of the code with the programs and comments removed (proprietary programming, sorry!) for those who want a peek. None of the file register parameters are set. 

Q03UDE Paramter sample.gxw

Edited by ratdude747

Try clearing / formatting the CPU memory.
And upload a clean project. With default settings.
If it does not help, wait for a response from more experienced users.

Снимок экрана 2021-06-07 145544.png

Edited by Neverov

1 hour ago, Neverov said:

Try clearing / formatting the CPU memory.
And upload a clean project. With default settings.
If it does not help, wait for a response from more experienced users.

Снимок экрана 2021-06-07 145544.png

Will try... I did that several times while troubleshooting the file register issue, but not since pulling the battery for a weekend.

Edit- No bueno. Even loaded a blank program which contained the default IP... didn't change at all. Formatted, cleared, and arranged memory. 

Edited by ratdude747

Hi

Is there a memory card instaled?

When formating, remember to format program mem, RAM and ROM. After formatting and reboot the PLC should give a 2400 error (missing parameter file)

Edited by GreenMan
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, GreenMan said:

Hi

Is there a memory card instaled?

When formating, remember to format program mem, RAM and ROM. After formatting and reboot the PLC should give a 2400 error (missing parameter file)

No memory card. I did indeed get a 2400 error after formatting and rebooting. 

Are there settings for DHCP vs. Fixed?  Is it possible that on reboot, it's going out and finding a DHCP server?

2400 is a Module verification error which means that the IO adress of a module in the parameters is incorrect.

Are you trying to set the ip adress via network paramerters because that is for an ethernet card. You need to use the PLC parameter ethernet settings.

If it's another module that you can check IO adresses of each module via the system monitor.

13 hours ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Are there settings for DHCP vs. Fixed?  Is it possible that on reboot, it's going out and finding a DHCP server?

Set for static... on an isolated network (5 port switch with an HMI, a FANUC R30iB Robot Controller, and a WTC 6000 Spot Welding Supply)... All I'm trying to communicate with is the HMI and Programming laptop. The robot and weld controller are on the network for non-PLC reasons (they talk to eachother, but not to the PLC). None are in the same IP range as the CPU in question's "preferred address". 

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

2400 is a Module verification error which means that the IO adress of a module in the parameters is incorrect.

Are you trying to set the ip adress via network paramerters because that is for an ethernet card. You need to use the PLC parameter ethernet settings.

If it's another module that you can check IO adresses of each module via the system monitor.

Maybe I had the wrong error number... I do know I was getting an error after formatting and rebooting. 

Set in the PLC parameters, of course "built in ethernet port setting". Do know that a second Q03UDE CPU (for an identical robot cell) accepted the programming without an issue and works as intended. Looking like this CPU is faulty... 

Edited by ratdude747