Ktemsani0

FX2N HELP!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hi!! i was wondering if you could help. 

I'm currently working on my final year's project, in which i have to recreate a backup file of a LADDER program so i can transfer it later after i add the EEPROM extension. 

if i transfer from my computer to the FX2N-32MR the ladder program, does it get saved in the EEPROM or RAM? 

When a program is written into FX2N PLC, parameters, program code and data are written to flash memory from where they are overwritten in RAM. When reading, data is already read from RAM.
As practice has shown, RAM can fail over time and the original microchips are no longer available (the manufacturer ceased to exist). There are only two direct analogs and it is difficult to acquire them in the required TSOP28 packages. So I would strongly recommend to replace the long-discontinued FX2N with a modern FX5U, which uses FRAM that does not require battery power.

1 person likes this

Sorry, I've read your question without attention. To save a program in EEPROM extension the main menu Tools -> Transfer ROM should be used.

1 person likes this

Hi Inntele!! thanks for answering  that was helpful. 

I have another question the battery life is up to 5 years as i know, it is reduced to 3 years with memory cassettes consumption though. 

my question is: if i have the ladder program in the EEPROM extension, do i risk to lose it if i change the battery in more than 20 secondes or the EEPROM saves the program always

The program you will not lose, but the data, changed during expluatation, may be lose. So I'd recommend to replace the lithium battery with power on. In this case you will not lose the changed data even exceed the mentioned time.

1 person likes this

Thank you so much <3 i appreciate your help

You're welcome:)