Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abhinav Tonde

GE Versamax PLC to Rockwell FTView SCADA

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone... I am facing an issue onsite regarding OPC communication between GE fanuc Versamax PLC and Rockwell FTView SCADA...                                                                                            Does anyone knows about the configuration settings for this. Can I communicate directly by using proficy driver configuration tool with FTView SCADA..... As this was an option which I found while surfing apart from kepserver and other option... As I am new to GE fanuc I installed its PLC and Cimplicity SCADA setup and I observed that in FTView SCADA Under OPC DA server option I am getting "GE Fanuc OPC SRTP" server option.... And for SRTP configuration I found this tool "Proficy Driver Configuration".... Can anyone help me out for this...

It should be simple to set up. All you need is an ethernet port on your PLC. Of course you will need to know the IP address and its on you to properly configure the network so that the computer running FT View is on the same subnet as the PLC.

Thanks for your reply sir.... You mean to say I can continue with "proficy driver configuration" tool and it's done.... Only I need to take care for  ip series so that my subnets will match... Right???

Edited by Abhinav Tonde

I have never set up FT View communications with anything, so I don't speak from experience. Nor do I know what FT View calls the tools they give the user to set up communications. I do know that SRTP is the name of a GE ethernet communications protocol. So establishing communications using it should be possible. To start, I would leave all settings other than the IP address at their default values since that is most likely what Rockwell used when they validated their offering.