Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDennis

FX3 ENET COMMUNICATION from PLC to PLC

3 posts in this topic

Hi All.

I could use some help with a problem I've been fighting for a while.  Question(s) first, then a bit of back story in case it might help.

I'm trying to share data between 2 FX3u PLCs both with ENET modules installed.  Using GXwoks2 and FXconfigurator EN,  I've managed to figure out some of the basic configuration (installed, connected to the network, devices can ping each other, both (PLCs and modules) are accessible by PC over network, etc).  I can send / retrieve data from each local module (TO/FROM) buffer memory with its plc.  I cannot seem to move the data from one module to the other.  It may be as simple as I just don't know where I'm supposed to look for it or in my protocol selection.  On a previous project I programmed a small ModbusTCP network and had a table of holding registers so I knew where to go for the data I needed, is there something similar for this application? 

I've been reading through Enet  and FX programming manuals as well as Mitsu's eLearning stuff (geared toward Q series and minimally helpful).  

I'm fairly new to networking, we don't use much of it on my end of the shop, and the areas that do use it generally end up calling in outside support for problems of this nature.    Our machines are initially setup and programmed in Japan.  We do not have an industrial network person in house or easily accessible.  The 4 machines we have that were networked in my area ran on a single network and were supposed to communicate with each other.  In reality only set pairs did so.  The machine vendor (USA for these )did not have a Mitsubishi programmer in house so contracted to a guy who was not well versed in it either but learned how.  This is evident from the way the rest of the programming looked so I'm thinking that a lot of the networking portions he used are superfluous as they seem to conflict with each other and with the module configuration. (short version, the "working" examples I have are likely not good examples).  So, I've got that going for me.

Thank you for taking time to read, and for any suggestions / advice you can give.

Thank you Theuns, Having a working example helps a lot.

1 person likes this