richard

Not able to Ping PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I have run into an issue where my CJ2H-CPU64 EIP cannot communicate over EIP To the nodes connected. This machine in particular was running just fine previously. I have replaced all ethernet cables and the Hub as well.(8-port unmanged)

I can ping all the nodes that are connected. But i cannot ping the PLC in question. I can connect directly to the PLC but not over ethernet. 

So i changed the PLC out thinking it was a bad port but the problem is the same on the new plc.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Edited by richard

Richard - I haven't touched an Omron PLC in 2 decades but I'll go over the obvious things {No insult of intelligence intended} left to check.

1.     Have you setup the IP Address of the new PLC?

2.    Is there any chance there is an unknown to you device on this network operating at the same IP?

3.    Have you tried pinging the PLC with just it and the PC connected to the hub?

Beyond those simple things the Omron Gurus will need to wieigh in.

1 person likes this

Hi Bob,

1. Yes i have the address changed to what i needed. I have downloaded my configurator file to the plc as well.

2. I have the devices isolated locally. only 3 devices that can communicate with it (I can ping all of them)

3. Yes, Currently plugged in that way.

Richard,

Have you cycled power to the plc?

gtsuport

Sounds to me like the IP address in the PLC isn't set to what you think it is.

1 person likes this

The IP address should be shown incrementally on power up.

Older versions of CX Programmer had some issues when downloading program and settings together. I haven't seen that in a long time but it's easy enough to check. From the project tree, select "IO Table and Unit Setup". Select "Built in EtherNet/IP Port for CJ2". 

Here you can compare and/or transfer the EIP unit settings. As gtsupport mentioned, don't forget to cycle the power.

1 person likes this