osaka113

How to control the omron 1s Servo motor without any PLC controller

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I know there is  many expert from user sysmac studio and 1S Omron servo motor here.

I just want to ask whether is it possible for us to control the servo motor for Omron 1S servo with its driver only without using any controller NX/NJ?

Currently I have R88M AC servo motor and R88D AC servo drive model. Along with the software sysmac studio. 

My target is just to control the servo motor with the software only without connnecting the motor and drive with any controller like NX/NJ. Is it possible?

Nope.  1S servos are commanded over EtherCAT, so it needs to be connected to an EtherCAT master.  They are not intended for standalone use without a controller.

Sysmac Studio will let you create a project for the amplifier only, which can be used with a USB cable to set parameters.  There may be a movement test available there, but beyond that, you need a controller.

If the cost is the issue, have a look at the NX1P series. They are limited with the number of axis but it is an affordable option if you don't need many.