joansm

DELTA DVP-14SS2 Mosbus rtu rs485 Slave mode

14 posts in this topic

Hello, someone know how to configure this PLC (DELTA DVP-14SS2) In the COM2 modbus RTU 485 baud rate 9600 8E1 slave mode (Not the plc Link)?
Master mode i already know
Thanks for help
Nenhuma descrição de foto disponível.

Edited by joansm

First of all, which software do you use?

ISP or WPL?

I'm using WPLsoft and there's a connection wizard which configures any port as you wish. All you have to do is tell him the baudrate and the communication format.

What kind of master device do you intend to use?

Edited by IvanBratanov

Hello and thanks for the answer

I'm using the ISPsoft

The master device its an arduino, or an IHM 

It seems hard for me to give an answer about ISPsoft. I've never used it but things there are quite different than in WPLsoft (which I'm using from the very beginning). Perhaps HWCONFIG app should contain what do you need. There should be some page with the COM ports settings. COMMGR is for program upload/download COM port configuration only.

If you're using Delta HMI, DOPsoft will set HMI as master anyway (address 0), so it will be the master device by default. So the only thing you have to do will be to set the PLC address 1.

Edited by IvanBratanov

You may take a look at the communication wizard window in WPLsoft:

image.jpg

As you can see, settings contain baudrate, communication format, triggering condition (to be executed once at first scan by M1002), the station address (it should be 1 for slave) and hold communication settings of the channel (M1120) so you can use it untill the PLC is running. After completing the settings WPLsoft creates a small ladder program automatically at the beginning.

This is how it should look in your case (COM2, RTU mode, 9600, 8 E 1, station address 1):

7.jpg

Hello and thanks for the answer 

I made the code you suggested using WPLSoft and I still haven't been able to communicate, I'm also using HMI Delta, however I want to use generic modbus communication (Modbus RTU Hex Address Master on IHM) , and not using PLC LINK

I cant upload photos in this site, an error message shows

Thanks for help

You have to set both devices (PLC and HMI) under same settings so they are able to communicate each other, only addresses should be different (0 for HMI and 1 for PLC). It works, proven by me many times. My last project consists of DVP28SS211R and DOP-107BV which communicate thru RS-485, 8N2, 38400, RTU. It works fine and fast. You have to check the pins as well (D+ to D+ and D- to D-). It's not possible to use PLClink connection between PLC and HMI, it's usable when have PLC-PLC, PLC-VFD, PLC-servo.

You better show me some pics of the devices used.

Thanks for the fast answer, do you have an telegram, whatsapp or email? Its for me send photos of the devices and the configuration screen, in this site an error message shows

Thanks for help

Yes, true. I'm unable to attach pics as well. That's why I uploaded my photos on external server and posted links to the pics here. Perhaps site admins should see what's wrong. It will be good to post photos here so others could see them. I'll send a message to the staff so they could see what's the problem......

Edited by IvanBratanov
1 person likes this

Follow the img links:

DELTA PLC CODE: 

vwgbaQC.jpg

DELTA HMI CODE:

cR2uSsI.jpeg

DELTA HMI CODE PT 2:  

9fof45e.jpg

HMI AND PLC CONNECTION: 

b8N0tCf.jpg

DELTA HMI ERROR MESSAGE: 

8jsRwGT.jpeg

Edited by joansm

The HMI settings should be like that if you want to connect to DVP-SS2:

8.jpg

In the "Extra" window you should choose RTU, because it is ASCII by default.

Using other variants to connect Delta HMI to Delta DVP (perhaps) will not work. You even don't need to. All the capabilities of both devices could be achieved by the link shown above. If you're using other master device then things will be quite different of cource but here it should be just like that. Connecting Delta HMI and Delta PLC is the most easiest thing you can imagine regardless of the interface or the protocol.

You didn't say which model HMI is that. If it's COM ports are located on a single D-SUB connector, there are different modes. Post here the model of the HMI so I could see it's datasheet.

Why do you need HEX address mode?

Edited by IvanBratanov
1 person likes this

Thanks for the answer, i preffer the HEX Address mode because i gonna comunicate this PLC with an HMI from the another Company (arduino too), i want to use the generic Modbus RTU communication

Another company's HMI will be set using their own software, including Arduino but that's quite another story. Regarding Delta's HMI, this is the way you should walk on. You don't need to use other way than the one above to get everything it offers. Delta isn't a well known brand but everyone who is using it states it is a good one. 

Anyway if you want to use HEX address mode using other master device you should primarily start using it. Delta's HMI will not help you there. Delta's engineers have created all the devices of the brand to be used together with minimum efforts although other brands are widely supported as well. 

As for the PLC communication, those are the settings for Modbus RTU communication. Using generic HEX address communication must be determined by the settings of the master device which we already know is not Delta.

I was able to communicate in RTU HEX Address mode with the Arduino, placing the D0 address as 4096 and so on, thanks for the help