Shomation

CJ1M PLC not communicating with PC

8 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I am trying to connect the CJ1M PLC with PORT connector (DB9) to PC. I have made the cable according to the XW2Z-200S-V diagram but when I try to connect to PLC, shows communication error

can anyone help what may be the reason?

waiting for reply

Thanks

When using the 9 pin port, select SYSMAC WAY for Network Type. Settings must match. Default settings are 9600, 7, E, 2.

I have tried Auto-online option but not successful

waiting for reply

Thanks

Shoaib

Make sure dip switch #5 is ON.

So, let's see if I can help. To communicate with a CJ1M through the rs232 port, 9-pin port, you must configure the type of plc, the type of cpu corresponding to your hardware, then you must choose sysmac-way in the network type tab, in settings, right next to the network tab type, you must choose the port you are using, for example, if you use a usb-rs232 adapter like me you must say what port it is and / or if you use a usb-rs232 cable you should choose usb.
Hope this helps. I could send some printscreen but I don't know why I can't, sorry.

Dear All,

Currently, all DIP switches are OFF. If I turn DIP Switch # 5 ON, should I restart the PLC or not needed?

Some says SYSMAC protocol should be selected and some says Toolbus, I am not sure which one is correct

6 hours ago, Shomation said:

Currently, all DIP switches are OFF. If I turn DIP Switch # 5 ON, should I restart the PLC or not needed?

I don't think so but if you can manage it, please try.

6 hours ago, Shomation said:

Some says SYSMAC protocol should be selected and some says Toolbus, I am not sure which one is correct

The Peripheral Port is Toolbus. The RS232C Port is Host Link (SYSMAC WAY). These are default settings. Both ports can be configured differently in software but with limitations.

DIP Switch #5 (ON) will force the RS232C Port to be SYSMAC WAY, 9600, 7, E, 2. 

4 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

The Peripheral Port is Toolbus. The RS232C Port is Host Link (SYSMAC WAY). These are default settings. Both ports can be configured differently in software but with limitations.

DIP Switch #5 (ON) will force the RS232C Port to be SYSMAC WAY, 9600, 7, E, 2. 

Exactly