NgoHoang

Honeywell ControlEdge Builder

2 posts in this topic

Dear all!

I'm is new in PLC Honeywell. I'm looking for ControlEdge Builder software for programming Honeywell PLC.

Please send me the link download if you have.

I'm downloading at address: http://honeywellprocess.blob.core.windows.net/public/Support/Experion/RTUPLC-151.1-24.2-Patch1.iso. Please tell me that is correct software version for programming PLC or not? Or I need to install any more software for my purpose

Thanks 

It is my impression from minor exposure 5 years ago that the development software version has to match the CPU firmware version.  The patch is not likely to load without the presence of the development software.   A document I found indicates that the current software version is R170.

Honeywell ControlEdge Builder development software is licensed software, available only through authorized distributors or sales offices.

Software purchase includes a software license with a multi-digit license code, that is necessary for downloading updates or for purchasing upgrades.  Be certain you get and save the license code.

One can purchase the media kit-DVD version that includes the software on a DVD or media kit-ESD which provides a web link through which the software can be downloaded.

The software license does not include documentation.   Documentation can be downloaded from the Documentation tab on this page:

https://www.honeywellprocess.com/en-US/explore/products/control-monitoring-and-safety-systems/Scalable%20Control%20Solutions/Pages/ControlEdge-PLC.aspx

I have no idea what export restrictions might apply to the availability of the software.

You really need the advice and support of an authorized distributor to get the right combination of software/firmware to get a functional PLC.