JordanF

Sharing Data Between Multiple Q CPU's

3 posts in this topic

Alright guys,

I am currently working on an application where I need to share some data between multiple PLC's in a line. I don't need to send a large block of data, it looks like 4 words In and 4 words Out would work. My question is, what is the easiest way to share data between multiple Q series PLC's? The PLC's I'm using are Q03UDVCPU's with the ICC EI4CCPU Ethernet IP module. Currently all of my communications are being done over Ethernet IP. 

I've done similar applications in AB where I could use producer/consumer tags, but I've never done anything like this in Mitsubishi aside from passing CSV files between GOT's for product history records. I've read up on a few different ways to do this, but I'm not sure which way makes the most sense for what I'm trying to do. I also have no experience with CC-Link. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Never heard of that ICC device you mention, and searching that on Google found no results.

There are Q CPUs with built in Ethernet. That would be an option. Or adding QJ71E71-100 to connect what you have to Ethernet.

Since you mentioned CC-Link, do your controllers already have CC-Link modules?  You can share a small amount of data like you mention that way.

Here is a link to that ICC Ethernet IP module. http://www.iccdesigns.com/software/47-eip4ccpu.html I've used them on several applications now... A very handy tool since Ethernet IP is so widely supported.

I'm using a Q series PLC with built in Ethernet, so that's actually the option I was exploring. I'm assuming that if I set the "network parameter" tab correctly in GX Works, that I can link the PLC's via the built in ethernet that way. I just haven't had much luck finding documentation on how to set those parameters correctly, so I've been playing with them this morning, but so far I haven't had any luck getting 2 CPU's communicating.

I don't currently have a CC-Link module on this system.