Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kckku

CX-Designer shutting down

3 posts in this topic

My CX-Designer shuts down on its own whenever I try to open a project. Does anyone have this problem? I recently updated to version 3.74 and now I am regretting it. Maybe it has something to do with this?

I am also running Sysmac Studio which I also recently updated to version 1.45. Maybe this problem is related to this? 

I am able to create a new project with system version 8.9. When I try to create a project with an older system version, CX-Designer shuts down on its own.

I've got the latest as well, and opened some old projects from 2013 and had no issue.

After months of getting nowhere, my co-worker told me the problem is with our Microsoft OneDrive implementation (by our awesome IT department). CX-Designer no longer has read/write access to the location where I store my projects. Once I moved the storage location to my Desktop where OneDrive doesn't touch then everything worked again. 

It's the same case with CX-Programmer. I just haven't noticed it because I have been using Sysmac Studio for other projects in the last 6 months or so.

1 person likes this