bouzidzakaria17

"No Project" displayed on the PLC

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone 👋👋👋

I saw "No Project" displayed on the PLC, and I don't know what it's mean.

The machine have one PLC and some of the digital I/O stopped. I think the plc lost the program, Am I correct?

Also when I connected with laptop and RSlinx software I found only the plc module is working and the other modules are off.

I hope get answers from you soon. Thanks in advance.

This means that you have an L7 or L8 controller with the digital, scrolling display, and that display is currently saying "No Project".

If so, you are correct that the controller literally has no project. This happens only under a few conditions:

• You have purchased a new controller that has never had a project downloaded to it.
  • For a few moments when performing a download. (One of the first download steps is deleting the current project),
  • When the controller has a major non-recoverable fault.

Is there also a red fault light activated on the front of the controller? If so, this means the controller experienced a major non-recoverable fault, and has cleared its own project. This is generally considered a hardware failure and as often as not means the controller will need to be replaced.

You can try downloading a project to the controller and see if it starts running normally. If it doesn't, you may try to flash the firmware on the controller and then download. And if that doesn't work, replace the controller.