Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sohel.ahmed.uk

Upload & Download Program

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I will upload a program from PLC and Download that program to another PLC. Do I need to Compile the program before I download it to the other PLC?

Software: Gx Developer.         PLC: FX-2NC-32MT       Communication Cable SC09

Note: My laptop has only usb port

Thanks for your support

Edited by Sohel.ahmed.uk

You will need a USB-serial adapter.  I have an older Keyspan model that works well with most PLCs.  Keyspan is now owned by Tripp-Lite.  USB-serial adapters can be difficult with PLCs depending on which model you buy.

As for upload and download, once you set up the communication settings you should have no problem with this.

1 person likes this

On 06/05/2021 at 3:40 PM, Crossbow said:

You will need a USB-serial adapter.  I have an older Keyspan model that works well with most PLCs.  Keyspan is now owned by Tripp-Lite.  USB-serial adapters can be difficult with PLCs depending on which model you buy.

As for upload and download, once you set up the communication settings you should have no problem with this.

Thanks.

But Before in my post you suggested for SC09 cable.

The SC09 cable converts RS232 serial to RS422 on the FX PLC's. So if your laptop does not have a serial port you can use a usb to serial adapter like a Moxa Uport 1150 together with the SC09 cable.

1 person likes this

On 09/05/2021 at 8:18 AM, Theuns said:

The SC09 cable converts RS232 serial to RS422 on the FX PLC's. So if your laptop does not have a serial port you can use a usb to serial adapter like a Moxa Uport 1150 together with the SC09 cable.

Dear Theuns,

What you are saying is confusing to me. My questions are:-

1. Do I need to use  Moxa Uport 1150  with SC09? I am using fx2nc 32mt series PLC.

You need some form of USB to serial converter.  SC09 is a serial cable.  You didn't tell me your computer did not have a serial port in your other post.

Mitsubishi also sells a cable that goes USB to the round plug on the CPU.  FX-USB-AW.  Be careful though, there are hundreds of cheap knockoff cables online.