Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g.dean210

calling a Cognex job with Siemens TIA V 16

4 posts in this topic

I am setting up a vision inspection station which will require me to have 3 independent jobs within the camera. I am using 2 Cognex 9912, a Cognex 2000, and a S71200 PLC. Cognex has sent me a copy of the job call FB, but it is giving me fits. There are several tags referencing a data base called Insight1_Inputs, when I try to create a data base with this name it will not allow me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can upload pictures if needed. thanks in advance 

I've not worked Cognex with Siemens, but when I did Cognex with Rockwell it was necessary to import an EDS so that the PLC and Programming software new how to interact with the camera.  I suspect something similiar is happening here.  Correctly registering the EDS with the software might just allow you to create the DB or create it for you.  Just my 2 pesos.

The Siemens counterpart to the EDS/AOP is the GSD. I'd think that Cognex would provide more support than just sending you an FB, but I've never set up a system from scratch....

A little late, hope this helps someone.

http://help.cognex.com/Content/KB_Topics/In-Sight/Communication/4131.htm

Here you will find where to find your GSD files in InSight Explorer installation folder, depending on your version:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cognex\In-Sight\In-Sight Explorer 5.x.x\Factory Protocol Description\GSD

Cognex does provide an excel template so you can generate your tags depending on the designated addresses, please see attached file with it, and instructions Word file, it works for InSight and Dataman devices.

For programming, search in Cognex site for "Industrial_Protocols_Manual".

TIA Portal Integration Guide for In-Sight and Dataman.zip

1 person likes this