Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeterParker

GT Designer 3 Display/Hide an Image

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm familiar with using the "Trigger" tab and using " Control displaying/hiding" for lamps, text, lines etc..

But I just cant figure out how to do that with an image I've brought into the project.

Double clicking the image gives me a pup up called Bitmap Attribute Change with "Open image data in Paint", and "specify a transparent color for image data" as options to click.

Seems like the image need to be converted to something else, then i can do it?

Appreciate any help I can get! Thank You!

Hi PeterParker,

you can add your image (bitmap, jpeg) to the user library and then use a normal Bit-/Word-Lamp or a Switch/Button control object.
There you only have to change 'shape' attribute and select your image from the library, and you also can use the
control display/hiding feature.

If you need to show/hide a lot of images at the same time, you can use the 'Parts'-Functions instead of showing/hiding the individual images.

1 hour ago, AndreasW said:

Hi PeterParker,

you can add your image (bitmap, jpeg) to the user library and then use a normal Bit-/Word-Lamp or a Switch/Button control object.
There you only have to change 'shape' attribute and select your image from the library, and you also can use the
control display/hiding feature.

If you need to show/hide a lot of images at the same time, you can use the 'Parts'-Functions instead of showing/hiding the individual images.

Thanks! That solved that, but has presented a new issue.

Once converted to a bit lamp, I can no long have lines drawn on 'top' of it. My image is a part holder, holding 2 parts with 3 holes in them each. I drew lines from all 6 holes, to a lamp showing the status of all the holes individually.

Now my lines are behind the newly converted bit lamp. The reason I need to control displaying/hiding is I have another type of part (with less holes) that i wanted to switch between when the machine mode changes. The image will change, as well as some of the hole status' and lines disappearing.

Any way around not being able to have lines drawn over it now?

Appreciate your help!

PART.jpg

Here what i mean regarding lines over my image.

My other part deletes the use of FLX-1

Edited by PeterParker

Hi PeterParker,

ok, the Bit-Lamp will be in the foreground, and as far as i know you can't draw any shapes in front of the lamp.

But do you need the lines to be drawn dynamically? Maybe you can add the lines (from the holes to the buttons) to the images of the holder?
If you use a bit/word lamp you can assign different shapes(images) to each lamp state, so changing the lamp-state will also
change the image (with the lines). For two images use a bit-lamp, if you need more states use a word lamp.

I think this would be the easiest way. Changing the State should hide/disable the buttons for the FLX-1 and at the same time change
the state of the Bit/Word-Lamp to the state with the propper image. To easily create the Image of the holder+lines, you can use the preview function and
then create a screenshot of the preview (without the gridlines and the button-borders, ...)

I ended up putting the lines on the image itself, and it looks pretty good.

Thanks for your help!