Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vanquangtk

Continous path positioning with M code in QD77MS

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm changing a PLC program from using Q173D into QD77MS.

In Q173D, I have a SFC program which uses M codes in 3 point positions. It means after positioning one point, the M code output signal need to be changed from OFF-ON -OFF to jump to the next positon,

I want to keep this feature in QD77MS with continous path positioning mode. But I don't  know how to do it.

With continous path positioning mode, if I keep M code output signal on, after  positioning one point complete, it will still jump to next point positioning.

May any one help me,please

Edited by vanquangtk

hi vanquangtk,

I think that the positioning jumps to the next point is ok, because this is the basic function of the continous path positioning mode.
If you want to stop the positioning after reaching a point this should be done in the positioning complete mode.

So what do you wan't to do with the the m-code signal?

If you want to pause the positioning until the m-code is cleaered you should use positionig complete mode instead of continous path.
If you wan't to detect that each position is reached you can try to immediately reset the m-code with an m-code-off request command
(mabye within an event-interrupt) to detect the m-code of each point, but this will only work if the positioning time between the single
points is long enough.

2 hours ago, AndreasW said:

hi vanquangtk,

I think that the positioning jumps to the next point is ok, because this is the basic function of the continous path positioning mode.
If you want to stop the positioning after reaching a point this should be done in the positioning complete mode.

So what do you wan't to do with the the m-code signal?

If you want to pause the positioning until the m-code is cleaered you should use positionig complete mode instead of continous path.
If you wan't to detect that each position is reached you can try to immediately reset the m-code with an m-code-off request command
(mabye within an event-interrupt) to detect the m-code of each point, but this will only work if the positioning time between the single
points is long enough.

Thanks @AndreasW, I can't use  positioning complete mode because I need the speed keep constant (not return 0 after singgle point positioning completes). Because in Q173D, the speed doesn't return 0  single point positioning completes if I turn on and off the FIN signal soon enough so I want to keep this feature in QD77MS. 

hi vanquangtk,

i don't think that this will work with the continous path control, i think you have to use 'position speed siwitching control'
(see 9.2.18 in the manual https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/ssc/ib0300185/ib0300185f.pdf)

also have a look at 5.1.6 (setting items for position data, [Da.1] operation pattern); you can see that speed/pos switching
isn't available for continous path or continous positioning mode.

Edited by AndreasW
1 person likes this