Bendanator

Devicenet problems

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I need some help troubleshooting  a devicenet problem that is a small system feeding 17 VFD's and servo's. The problem I'm having is the VFD's keep dropping out about every hour or so but its seems to be a different VFD each time so the problem seems all over and not consistent. The system has been running for over a year and no parts have changed. I'm use to problems having the same faults and locations not different every time so I'm a little lost on this one. Thanks for any help.

Ancient wisdom on older working Devicenet systems is wiring and environment.  i'd check each connection and make sure nothing is loose.

exactly...

99% of all DeviceNet problems seem to be improper wiring. that includes loose connections, improper terminations, improper branch lengths, improper shielding, improper grounding (ground loops), improper routing (not away from sources of noise).

1 person likes this

Wiring issues or noise.  Make sure your are using actual shielded DeviceNet cabling.

DeviceNet is indeed finicky. Along with the above advice, check that you have a strong 24VDC at your remote location. If your problem persists, you may want to use a dedicated power supply. Preferably at the remote location if you can manage it.