Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nahill

RSLogix 5000 - Export Tags or Logs

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Regarding RSLogix 5000, I'm seeking a way to automatically export tag current values or to find if there is such log file which is periodically updated.

The main goal is to create an external script capable to read and proceed with some outputs (nothing related to RSLogix 5000 itself).

If someone could show me a way, or just inform which procedure or log file I need to search for.

Thank guys.

This type of function is usually done by the SCADA System which monitors the system.  

This can be as simple as an Excel VBA Script reading tags and palcing the values in Excel Cells and then taking action based on cell values.

Slightly more sophisticated it is done with VB.Net.

It might also be done with Ignition, Factory Talk View, Factory Talk Historian, Wonderware , OSISoft PI  and many others I fail to recall.

The choice is yours and will depend on your Time, Budget and Effort you can put into it.

1 person likes this

Thanks for replying, BobLfoot.

But assuming this task need to be done as said before: automatically export a .csv file using the tool ("Export Tags..") or access a specifically log file which contain tag values. In this way, is it still be possible to do?

Thanks again.