ABlearner

Kinetix 6000; RSlogix 5000

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys! 

I have several questions connected to kinetix 6000 servo amplifiers. I have a system with AB plc and AB kinetix servo drive. The communication is sercos. Earlier I was worked drives with ethernet communication. I think its better, I could monitor the parmeters durnig as its works. But with the sercos communication I am no longer to be able to do it. One of my question is that like it is possible to check the parameters somehow. I have some problem myabe with the overcurrent recently. But for now I even cant see what is the limit. Is it possible to find it somewhere ?

Also when Im watching the parameters in the RSlogix 5000 which is belongs to the servo drive. I can see a row like (servoname)axis fault code and (servoname) axis code. Is there any table where I can see which number belongs to which fault or status? 

If anyone can help me I just appreciate ahead.

Thanks Guys.

The Kinetix 6200-6500 user manual has a list of fault codes. I've only worked with one system that used the Kinetix 6500 and we used Ethernet/IP. The SERCOS systems I saw were UltraMaster drives. They were basically "dumb" boxes that the PLC configured on boot every time. To replace one, we just had to set the node knobs correctly and plug it in. So, if the Kinetix drives are similar, I would expect the parameters to be available somewhere in the PLC. You may have to do some messaging or something, though.

Hook up to it using a 1203-usb and use drive explorer or drive executive to upload parameters.  You can do this while the drive is operating and not affect anything.