Dariusincj

FTV ME Parameter tag to PLC

4 posts in this topic

Here is what I have. I have a Parameter file that is called when a button is pressed. In that file, I have #105={Pump1} where the internal tag Pump1 is a retentative integer of 1 in my tag file. I am wanting a macro to write the value of #105 to a PLC tag we will call {[PLC]ParameterInUse} (dint type), this would be called when a certain screen is showing on the HMI. I have multiple parameter files, all with parameter #105 but looking at different internal tags Pump1 = 1, Pump2 = 2, etc.. I can make the macro writes a known number is my PLC tag but when I put in my macro expression block tag {#105} it always gives me errors when I test it with the PLC. Is there anyway to write that internal tag to a PLC tag. Keeping in mind i'm using FTView ME v12.0 and the latest Studio5000 version 33. I know that tag {#105} is writing correctly the number 1, 2, etc because I put a numeric display on the screen so I could visually check that it is bringing up the correct #105.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Dariusincj

Have you tried writing the internal tag to the PLC tag?  In otherwords, [PLC]ParameterInUse = Pump1

That does work but here is the thing, I've got 20 pumps and can only run 1 macro from the pump screen. So when I select which pump I want to look at from the main screen, I then load the parameter file for that pump and load the pump screen. So in my parameter file, I'm pulling up my tag #105 which is a 1 to 20 depending on what tag I have in the parameter file. But then I need to write that number to the PLC. If I had FTView ME, I think it wouldn't be this hard, but I dont.

I've used parameter few time. I don't think you can use it in macro. It is design to be used in screen only, you set the parameter file to use in the goto screen pb. If you need to write a value in macro when a screen open / close, use startup macro in display settings --> behavior tab.