Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hq27676996

[Help]FactoryTalk View Can't Communication

4 posts in this topic

QjL9Cw.png
HDobjO.png

Hi All~I have a problem where I cannot reference offline/online tags from FT View,and Download / Uploade 

But, My Rslinx is Working ,and Logix Designer Can Online.

Why? Does anyone have any idea

FactoryTalk ver 11
RsLinx ver 4.21
Logix Designer ver 30.01

Last I knew FTView uses FTLinx Enterprise {still labeled as RSLinx, but not to be confused with RSLinx Classic}.

Try Right Clicking on the Check Box in FTLinx and adding a pathway to your PLC.

Go into FT View Studio and open a project.
1) At the bottom of the Explorer pane on the left side of View Studio, select the "Communications" tab.
2) Right-Click on "EtherNet, Ethernet" at the top and "Add device"
3) Search or browse to your HMI model and click "OK". Give it a name and its IP address.
4) You should now be able to connect to the HMI using the "ME Transfer Utility" to upload/download run time files from/to the HMI, as long as you can ping it and as long as your software is at least as high a version as the runtime of the HMI. I've recently run into issues uploading from the HMI when my software was older than what was used to program the HMI.

5) Back on the "Application" tab of the Explorer, go down towards the bottom and expand "FactoryTalk Linx" (it was called something else in older versions) and double-click on "Communication Setup".
6) If you already have a Device Shortcut configured, select it. On the "Design (Local)" tab, find your PLC. If it's not there, right-click on the "EtherNet, Ethernet" driver and "Add Device". Find your PLC, name it, and enter its IP address the same way you did for the HMI in steps 2-3 above.
7) Highlight the PLC in the Design tab and click "Apply" at the top of the "Device Shortcuts" area. If the PLC is ping-able, you should now be able to browse online tags.
8) To use the offline tag file, click "Browse..." and navigate to the PLC's ACD file. You should now be able to browse offline tags.
9) After you make your changes, clcik "OK" at the bottom to close the Communication Setup.

****Any time you make changes to the communication setup, you should close FT View Studio and reboot the PC. If you don't, the changes may not take effect properly. I've had the Design side of the shortcut work while the Runtime side didn't, even though they were identical, applied, and verified. Sometimes closing and restarting the software fixed it, other times it took a reboot. That has caught me multiple times and will likely catch me again in the future as I bang my head against the desk trying to figure out why it won't work.

1 person likes this

Thanks Joe.  I typed up darn near the exact same thing this morning but never posted it.