Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robror

MPI Connection problem

7 posts in this topic

Hi there. Recently I've experienced problems when connecting to a S7-300 PLC via MPI/PROFIBUS. I use a PG with CP5711 processor.

The thing is that I'm able to connect when I plug the 6ES7901-0BF00-0AA0 cable (male to male) directly to the PLC connector, but when I try to do connect to a PLC that has any device connected to the DP port (let´s say an inverter or HMI) I get 33:17075 error. PG/PC Interface it's correct, in fact another PG with the same configuration is able to connect through the already connected DP device's cable. Station number and transmission rate is all correct. 

So I tried the Simatic NET Diagnostics Test and I got error 0x0313 and since the mentioned parameters are correct I refered to this link: 

How do Diagnostics and Remedy work in STEP 7 when an online connection with the CP... - ID: 11492532 - Industry Support Siemens

Where they say the following:

Check the interrupt and address assignments. Information on the further procedure is available in the STEP 7 Online Help under "Set PG/PC Interface", in the paragraph entitled: "Check the interrupt and address assignments" (Index: Check interrupt assignment). More information is also available in the STEP 7 readme file, section 4.4.1 (Integrated MPI on-board and the MPI PC module -> Set interrupt and address).

I've searched for this readme file but can't find it, and there are no useful results when looking for it on internet. 

Why am I able to connect directly to the PLC but not when another device is connected and I have to use the female connector of the DP connector itself? Should I try to reinstall CP5711 drivers? According to Windows, I got the last drivers for the CP. 

Thanks in advance and I hope you can help me!

Edited by Robror

The only thing I can suggest is to go into the PG/PC Interface settings, select "Auto", and click on "check bus parameters" (or something like that...it's been a while). It should be able to identify the settings of the network.

Does it matter if the termination resistor is on or off? 

Have you tried another cable?

On 8/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, Joe E. said:

The only thing I can suggest is to go into the PG/PC Interface settings, select "Auto", and click on "check bus parameters" (or something like that...it's been a while). It should be able to identify the settings of the network.

Hi, yeah, I already tried that, messing up some parameters and going back to default parameters with no solution. Another PG with the exact same settings will connect perfectly.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:28 PM, Ken Moore said:

Does it matter if the termination resistor is on or off? 

Have you tried another cable?

Hi, I've done some tests and It doesn't matter. The only way I can connect is directly to the MPI port, with no other DP connectors in it.

Cable is Ok, since I tested it with another PG and works fine.

Edited by Robror

That's certainly a weird one, and it points to some issue with the PG. One more thing I would try is to change the node address of the PG. It may be set to the same address as a device.

15 hours ago, Joe E. said:

That's certainly a weird one, and it points to some issue with the PG. One more thing I would try is to change the node address of the PG. It may be set to the same address as a device.

Already tried that, but no result. In fact, the issues began after re-installing Simmatic Manager. It stopped working properly all of sudden (it wouldn't even launch). After re-installing this issue began so yesterday I re-installed a newer version of it but problem still occurs. The fact that it also happens when using S7 in a VM makes me thing this could be a hardware problem?

Also, I still can't find the paragraphs Siemens mentions in the link I pasted in the first message. Nor the S7 Online help paragraph or the mentioned S7 readme file. Google search finds only links to that url in different languages :(

Edited by Robror

Sorry, I'm as far as I can go right now. At my previous job, I had a license for Simatic Manager and could poke around and look for the readme and help files, but not any more.