Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bagged2drag

Storing to Non-volatile memory - sporadic error

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am looking for some input.  I have a 1769-L18ER-BB1B in which I have a some projects that I am saving to SD cards.  I have saved a few already successfully, but when I went to save the latest sets, I keep getting an error that there is insufficient memory on the SD card when I select to store in Logix 5000.   I am using software version 32.011.  I have purchased 2GB Transcend SD cards and these have worked just fine before, but now I keep getting the error.  I verified the cards are empty and still formatted FAT16.  I have been using the same software revision and firmware revision for all programs.  

Regards,

Kris

It is highly recommended that you pay the stupid tax and get the Rockwell specific SD card.  Their controllers are expecting a higher quality or class of SD card that is industrial rated.  Going down to the WalMart won't usually work.

That being said, the SD card should work well for any of your PV+s.

Thank you.  I reached out for a quote this morning.  Quite the tax, indeed!   I don't use PV'+s anyway, but I can use my SD cards for my current HMI's too.   

Regards