wmf

AB Studio 5000 Lite

6 posts in this topic

I put together a system a couple of years ago with a L306ERM with I-O, PanelView, etc and I was sold Studio 5000 Lite to program it. It worked out ok on that project but now I have a project that I need to use a Powerflex 525 VFD and the software won't let me add the Powerflex. I've tried several different PFs and none can be added. It crashes at the Create button and puts out the wonderfully descriptive message of "Unknown Error" Email AB support. As of 4-1-21, AB doesn't take emails for Powerflex drives. Anyone know if the Lite version of Studio 5000 will work with a Powerflex 525?
Thanks you for looking.

I can't say about Studio 5000 Lite because I've never used anything but standard or professional.  But don't waste time emailing Rockwell, call your local Rockwell Distributor.  If Lite will work they'll tell you, and if not you can get the best price on the version you do need.

Thanks, I'll call them in the morning.

If you email radrivessupport@ra.rockwell.com, they usually respond in 24 hrs. Worth a shot

In addition to @VFD Guy's suggestion, I would look up the release notes for the specific version of Studio5000 Lite you have and see if there's anything in there that might answer the question. 

What version of studio? Updating the AOP might help