prabbit

Micromaster 420 parameter downloading

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I uploaded a parameters from Micromaster 420 with firmware version 1.20 thru Pofibus and try to download the parameters to a new Micromaster 420 drive with firmware version of 1.31. My problem is that I cannot download the parameter to the new Micromaster drive because it will not complete the download process. Maybe somebody can help me. Maybe I missed something.

Thanks,

PRabbit

I'm not Siemens saavy but quite often when programmable devices change firmware revisions they change paramater counts and even definitions.  For ex in parameter 12 in version 1.2 might be "X_value" while in version 1.31 "X_value" is parameter 14 because a new parameter 5 and 7 were added.  I'd suggest you check the documentation, you may need programming software not just up/download software. 

In my experience, Starter is pretty version sensitive. You may have to change the firmware version in Starter and recompile before it lets you download.

As an alternative, if you have the right HIM (Not what they call it, I can't remember their name), there's a way to save the parameters to the HIM and then write them to the new drive. That may work better. Or not at all....