oldnerd

FactoryTalk View Studio Runtime issue

5 posts in this topic

I have sought the answers in the knowledge base and with other colleges, everything short of spending a couple of hours with tech. support.

Hope someone here will be able to clue me in.

When I run an .mer file on my PC and shut it down it will shut down to the shutdown menu bar and not close out or turn loose of windows.

Windows 10, FactoryTalk View ME Studio ver. 11

If someone has resolved this issue before I sure would give you thanks if you passed it to me because after I shutdown the .mer file I have to reboot everytime.

Thank You in Advance   

Since the .mer can only be run in the PanelView, I assume you're running the test mode from your laptop, where FT sets up a temporary .mer-like runtime on the laptop, and mimics the PanelView while being connected to the controller. If so, are you using a shutdown or goto configure button within the FT project, or typing "X" to stop running the test mode? Or is this a problem with shutting down the FT Studio application, itself?

In test mode it will shut down as it should, when you run the .mer file on your pc straight up X does not shut it down and the go to configure does not go to configure, it only gives you

shutting down banner. After this you can not run factorytalk or a runtime file unless you reboot the PC.

That sounds pretty bad. If it's working from the FT application, I'd just open and test/run projects from there, and not launch directly from the .mer icon. Otherwise, the only thing coming to my mind is re-installing FT Studio. Were there any recent changes to your laptop? Any updates or installs that a system restore might take care of? 

Thanks for the reply, I had one of our IT guru's tell me it was windows not Factory Talk.