Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arceus

Micro 850- ASCII query/command and response

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

I am working on a project where I am communicating with a Mensor CPT6100 pressure transducer using a Micro-850 PLC. For this, I have used an AWA instruction to write some ASCII characters to the sensor. The sensor then responds to the write instruction by sending ASCII characters to the RX buffer and I used ACB and ARD instructions to read the ASCII characters. Now, I have set the ACB trigger type to 0 (msg triggered only once) and it successfully reads from the sensor. However, when I set the ACB trigger type to 1 (msg triggered multiple times), I do not get any reading in the ARD block. As a matter of fact, the ACB Q bit switches off every time the program is executed when the trigger type is set to 1. I am trying to get continuous readings from the sensor, but when the trigger type is set to 0, the program latches on to the first and only reading and it won't change. My question is, how can I change my program so that it can continuously and autonomously read from the sensor without me having to manually trigger the AWA and ACB instructions every time. I am attaching the program to this thread for your reference. 

ASCII_Test_Copy.ccwarc