Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guarado

Citect comms issue with ABCLX

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am running Citect SCADA 2018 R2 and trying to connect to a AB ControlLogix L81E. I have configured the board, port and IO device according to the Citect help function and cannot seem to get citect to communicate with the PLC. I can ping the ethernet card from my computer and have configured it such that it points to 192.168.0.26/0. CPU is in slot 0. I have tried updating to the latest driver and that has not fixed the issue either. We are routing through a Siemens RuggedCom RSG2100 switch but as stated before I can ping so I don't believe that is an issue. Is there extra configuration needed because I am routing through a switch? Could it be that there is extra configuration needed on top of the latest driver install? Everytime I run up the runtime i get the #COM error seen in the attached images. Anything you you guys can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Board.PNG

comms issue.PNG

IODevice.PNG

port.PNG

Tag Addressing.PNG

Ping uses the ICMP Protocol which is portless.  While the ControlLogix does require the switch to have certain ports open 44818 comes to mind.

You might want to reference this document for more - https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qr/comm-qr001_-en-e.pdf

While ping won't check it telnet to port 44818 might reveal something.

To add to Bob's comment, I believe the 44818 is the UDP port while 2222 is the TCP port.

pcmccartney 1 is correct,  2222 is the TCP port and the new Citect has had some com. issues in the past.