Lipton

Sysmac Studio IDE Very Slow

17 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a decent workstation I work on when i do my programming.

I have been using Sysmac studio for couple of years now and I have always notice it that sysmac studio is very slow.

Have you guys notice that sysmac in general is slow ?

/Best regards.

Edited by Lipton

I don't have any issues when on my workstation in the office. I do notice a difference when I am programming onsite with my laptop. Even then though, the programming itself is fine, it's only things like build/rebuilds, simulations etc that seem to take a bit longer to perform (or it might just be my perception :shrug:). That said, my workstation and laptop are higher end machines by most people's computing standards. Laptop is a lower end gaming laptop (can't recall specs off the top of my head, but it's one of the Asus Tuf Gaming series), and my workstation is designed for the 3D CAD work I typically do when I am not programming (Xeon CPU, 32GB RAM, PCIe SSD).

yep the offline coding is pretty ok for me.

but when I start sysmac and open my project it is super slow.

Online programming such as synchronize,rebuild,downloading,uploading whatever I do online. is slow.

When making HMI programming, etc switch between object properties is a disaster for me.

Edited by Lipton

What version?  I've run 1.44 on a 7 year old computer with no real speed issues.

My project is quite heavy and I have to deal with constant lag and slowness while navigating specially through HMI windows. It is becoming a real problem since I cannot afford to get a better comp. Version 1.43

I would like to know if there's any way to liberate load to the project.

Iam running 1.44.

@Artz I agree with you.

In your sysmac project is there Safety,PLC,HMI into one file ?

12 hours ago, Lipton said:

Iam running 1.44.

@Artz I agree with you.

In your sysmac project is there Safety,PLC,HMI into one file ?

Hmm, what do you mean? The project is constantly exported into one file every so often, but I open it through the sysmac saved projects. Both controller and HMI are in the same project.

11 hours ago, Artz said:

Hmm, what do you mean? The project is constantly exported into one file every so often, but I open it through the sysmac saved projects. Both controller and HMI are in the same project.

I wonder if in your application/machine running the HMI's in a seperate sysmac projectfile and the PLC in a other.

for example HMI is one smc2 file, the plc's are another smc2 file, if you use the NX-CSG320 then that is also a smc2

and your application is total 3 smc2 files.

/Regards

Edited by Lipton

20 hours ago, Lipton said:

I wonder if in your application/machine running the HMI's in a seperate sysmac projectfile and the PLC in a other.

for example HMI is one smc2 file, the plc's are another smc2 file, if you use the NX-CSG320 then that is also a smc2

and your application is total 3 smc2 files.

/Regards

Multiple projects make it more difficult to manage, and kinda defeats the purpose of an integrated environment...

I agree with Crossbow and would advise against trying to have the HMI and controller in different projects

Yes I also want only one project all in one and gets the pros of integrated enironment. It is a very nice feature but when your automation projects get larger in will increase the openning time of project.

/Regards.

I have big project and Sysmac slow down to compile and manipulate objects. 

The trick is : close the project and reopen and the speed is correct now.

C# problems!

Hi,Lipton

Which version of SysmacStudio do you use,32bit or 64bit?
If there is not enough RAM in your OS,it will cause the programmer very slow.
Change the version and expand the RAM in personal computer are worked for me
Besides,if too plenty temportary project in Sysmacstudio,it will also use out some RAM.

I have 64 GB of RAM and it's slow!

Omron now recommends using the 32-bit version because the 3D display does not work in 64-bit.

Yes it is. Some days I get sick of it. It takes literal minutes to open a project, three minutes to detect a dropped connection, four seconds for each contact and relay you place in online editing mode. Removing a whole rung cause you didn't click in a specific part of all the white space, still the bug of selection rectangle not taking mouse client coordinates, variables taking forever to update in online, project compiling like every twenty seconds putting the element you are in out of focus. What about the awful performance of the simulator?

CX-Programmer had all these things working better already

On 7/29/2021 at 5:55 AM, JYG said:

I have 64 GB of RAM and it's slow!

Omron now recommends using the 32-bit version because the 3D display does not work in 64-bit.

That is incorrect information.  The 64-bit version has always had a new, more powerful 3D simulation and there is an additional license for it.  More designed for robotics than simple axis simulations.  The original 3D simulation is still in the 32-bit package for free.

That's why Omron recommend me using 32 bits version. My 64 bits version is unable to display 3D view. If you want buy another license, good!