Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahernelectric

Upload failed

9 posts in this topic

Hi I am working on a 90-70 plc and having trouble with uploading the code. I can connect with either lm90 or proficy 7 but not able to upload code. i checked under permissions and have level 4. I can monitor the code only not able to go online due to code not equal. when I try to upload it throws a error . 

It's been 15 years since I had my hands on a 90 plc so I'm really rusty.  Have you tried to upload from a blank project not the monitor one?  Also you might want to post the error message so those more fluent than I can offer guidance.

It is possible that the original programmer set up an OEM password. If that is the case you won't be able to upload. The message in Logicmaster would be "Insufficient privilege for requested operation". An OEM password is one level higher than Level 4.

It's also possible that the project file you opened is set for a different CPU model than the one actually in place. I think Logicmaster's prompt for that scenario is to ask if you want to modify the upload for compatibility with the CPU model in the project file, or words to that effect. It could also be a Logicmaster or Proficy version issue relative to the firmware version in the PLC.

Details on the message you get when you try to upload will help narrow down the possibilities.

I returned to jobsite:

LM90: i can upload reference tables only. anything else checked returns: S94 connected plc or communications port does not support the service request.

Proficy 7.0 build 5517: again only upload reference tables. Error 8097 Controller Error - Illegal request code (0x01)(0x00) The selected memory could not be uploaded from the connected device.

Any body ever have this?

What port on what module are you using for communications? The ports on a communications coprocessor module (IC697CMM711) can't be used for program upload or download.

The proficy was on laptop,  usb to 15pin serial.

Lm90 is on vme slotted computer with 90_70

What CPU model?

The cpu is CPX 782

I have tried laptops with either lm90 or proficy 7 in serial port2 

The key on top is set to off

Edited by ahernelectric

I've just about run out of ideas. The inability to upload either ladder logic or hardware configuration while still being able to upload data tables suggests that an OEM password is in place. But the message from Logicmaster is not what I've seen when I try to upload from a CPU with an OEM password. Another possibility is that the original programmer could have chosen to lock one or more of the program blocks. Program blocks can be view locked which prevents anyone from or edit locked which prevents anyone from modifying them. View locks and edit locks can be passworded or permanent.

There is also the possibility that the program was not written in ladder logic, but in that case I think you can still upload the hardware configuration.

Edited by Steve Bailey