Cannonier10

CST Mastership Disabled L83E

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone else ever ran into an issue like this where the Time Sync checkbox is checked, but the CST mastership is disabled radio button is lit up?  This was causing our motion group to never sync up, even though it says that it is the Time Sync Master.  Do you know what causes it?  I was able to clear this by defauting the PLC, I just don't know what ultimately caused it.

Screenshot 2021-03-24 110357.png

Edited by Cannonier10
Did not want program name to show up in screenshot

Have not seen this, but the first question I would ask.  Was the Keyswitch in RUN or REM?  If REM switch to RUN.  Except when you need to modify stuff.

Bob,

This was an L83E that we keep in our shop for testing.  We keep the switches set to REM, practically always.  There weren't any other PLC's or Synchlink cards in the same backplane, so I don't think this was a master slave issue.  When we swapped this L83E with an L72 we were able to get the motion group to sync right away.  I factory reset the L83E and the problem went away, motion group synced just fine.  We have used that PLC for motion applications before so we aren't real sure how CST was disabled.  I wasn't able to find much in any forums either.  Typing that term into most forums returns obscure results.  I think this is one of those problems that might not get solved unless someone from RA knows, or if someone has ran across it before.