grO whO

RSLogix5000 CDM

4 posts in this topic

Does RSLogix5000 & Studio5000 have CDMs-Custom Data Monitors?

Also, does the trending work when using Studio5000 Emulate? I can build trends but they do not draw lines.

As far as I know, the CDM only exists in RS5 and RS500. RS5000 and Studio5000 use tags, and therefore have the tag monitor, the Watch and Quick Watch window, and the Data Monitor. To view a custom list of tags, open the Watch window and create a Quick Watch list. 

If you can build a trend in an emulator, I would that the emulator can trend. However, I could be wrong, as I don't really use emulators. Assuming you can trend in S5K Emulate, make sure you hit the start button to get the thing going after you've created it. Then it's usually a matter of adjusting all the trend settings (sample rate, time span, scale, etc) to get it dialed in and displaying usable data.

Thanks,
I use the monitor tags window all the time but it takes up too much room on the screen which is why I inquired about the CDM.
I found the watch window, but not the quick watch window.
The watch window also takes up a lot of real estate, but seems to only be pulling up tags from the current FBE sheet.
I found the quick watch window, which most closely resembles CDMs.

Thanks for your help.

Yes you can run trends from the emulator.  You should be able to set them up in Studio the same way you would if you were using a real PLC.  I have never had an issue running trends from the emulator.  If you are having issues, you might need to reinstall RS Emulate.