Chris1967

Some Basic Stuff I just can't figure out

7 posts in this topic

Hi There

I'm just getting into Sysmac Studio and have managed to a lot of stuff OK but some minor things are bugging me.

1. Can I monitor Local Variables?

2. Is it possible to have a menu for adding ladder items (NC NO Etc.) as CX programmer?

3. Is it possible to have the engineering units show automatically on a DataEdit Object (Secs for example) as CX Designer?

Thanks for looking 

1. Can I monitor Local Variables?

- In watch table type in your Program name - dot - local variable name: <Program name>.<Local variable name>

I didn't work with CX programmer, can't help with it 'cuz I dont know how it looks like in CX Programmer.

1. View -> Watch Tab Page or Alt+4. You can enter variables manually OR drag variable in ladder into the Watch Tab Page.

You can rename each watch tab page AND have multiple watch tab pages.

2. Each time you click on the rung you are editing a popup appears to select what type of instruction you want. Alternately use the Toolbox menu to select the instruction and drag it onto the rung.

3.Not quite sure what you mean! The units for each variable are declared in Data Type in either the Global or Local variable table. Again, these can be easily monitored in a Watch Tab Page. Variable values also display in the rung next to the type of instruction.

Edited by BITS N BYTES

Thanks for the help guys.

6 minutes ago, BITS N BYTES said:

3.Not quite sure what you mean! The units for each variable are declared in Data Type in either the Global or Local variable table. Again, these can be easily monitored in a Watch Tab Page. Variable values also display in the rung next to the type of instruction.

As for this question I mean on the HMI. E.G. I am displaying an integer which is the level in an vessel. Where do I tell the software this is in metres?

I just can't find it.

On 21/03/2021 at 2:54 AM, Chris1967 said:

As for this question I mean on the HMI. E.G. I am displaying an integer which is the level in an vessel. Where do I tell the software this is in metres?

I just can't find it.

For NA series HMI's, you can use a data display for this. Your expression (Properties - Behaviour) is the integer variable. The following settings are also under the "behaviour" section of the DataDisplay properties.

DataType: Change this to Numeric (if it isn't set to that already)

ValueFormat: Custom

CustomDisplayFormat: Vessel Level: {0:##0.0} Meters

Lets assume that the level in the vessel is 6.5 meters. The data display would display the following (minus the quotes) "Vessel Level: 6.5 Meters". It will show up like this in the simulator too, so if you can see how it will look on the HMI.

Data Edit Objects work in the same way. The link below gives a bit more detail on how it works, specifically on the role of 0's and #'s in the CustomDisplayFormat:

https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1658

Edited by BE
Clarification
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Chris1967 said:

I just can't find it.

Which HMI are you using? New NA or older NS?

6 hours ago, BITS N BYTES said:

Which HMI are you using? New NA or older NS?

NA5