Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CSE_Coder

3 Conveyor to into 1 Merge

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for some sample code that would show how to do a 3 conveyors merging onto one. Each of the three conveyors has a brake belt and a speed belt right before it hits the merge belt. I am using logix 5000. I have tried to create a traffic control sequence in the past but have not had much luck doing so. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

when i face the problem, i try to understand it. this begins by describing what should happen. this can be done individually or in teams, even with people that know nothing about programming. one can literally discuss it with random people. once the idea has taken shape, then it need to be implemented in code and that is simply matter of translation from one language to another (spoken language to whatever your controller understands). trying to do it backwards is much much harder. only few people may be capable of looking at code and figuring out why it is the way it is or what was the idea that lead to that code.

after you have spent some time thinking and planning and implementing your solution (good or bad), you would have much better foundation of understanding of the problem. then looking at some program examples may make sense. but this is just my opinion....

i hope you find what you are looking for

I've had to write a four conveyors into one merge in the past and while i can't share the code, because it is proprietary.  I can describe how you might do yours.  

If interested please anwert the following;

1) What is the physical arrangement of all 4 conveyors.  Does the Take Away Conveyor travel past all three infeeds and they release into it?

2) do you know your take away speed in ft/min for example?

3) you mention a brake belt and a speed belt but do you have a queue section before the brake belt.

4) do you know the maximum package size?