Gener

FTVE SE 12 Rolling Display

4 posts in this topic

I have a display I use to show overviews on several big tvs in our plant.  Up to now I have used a single display and change which display is visible based on tag that increments based on a timer.  This has worked great but as my system grows I keep adding additional "blocks".  I have now ran into the issue that you can only have 3000 tags on one display.  While i only display one block at a time all of them load so that pushes me over the limit.  I am guessing I need a vba script to accomplish this .  If someone has done this I would love to see some VBA examples of what you did.  Or other ideas...

Have you considered making your display a static array of 1000 tags and letting the PLC swap the data around rather than doing it at the HMI?

Kinda, but the issue is the graphics are totally different.  It would be a ton of work but may have to.

I use Ignition, a cheap "HDMI Stick" PC, and a cheap Large Screen TV here for the big display boards.  I already have the Ignition Unlimited License, so there is really no cost, but in your case, you could get away with a lower-cost, stand-alone license.  Probably still less than FTView SE.