akashleo

learning

7 posts in this topic

Hi all of you. I am new to automation field and want to improve my logic understanding and developing skills also HMI  and SCADA . I want your help ,is there any book or website on which i can solve practical problems.

I need questions/problems so that  i can develop my skill with the help of you people. 

Note- I have ml1400 to practice.

Edited by akashleo

@akashleo You will find tons of offerings with a simple google search.  @TimWilborne builds trainer units and may have some suggestions.

My advise would be to find an everyday item that can be automated and solve that.  For example, traffic lights at intersections are controlled by PLC in a lot of areas.

Can you assign the outputs of your ml1400 to control the lamps in a traffic light at an intersection and code for that?

Another favorite of mine is drafting the code for two conveyors in a factory merging into one.  Can you code the controls for that?

These sound simple, but as you dig into them they are quite involved.

not sure what your level is currently but for sure you want to build on it gradually. common beginner examples include conditioning and responding to signals, sequential logic etc. classic one is toggle of some bit using momentary button. variant of that is to create one that using same control to do multiple states such as on, off and their persistent versions (that can retain value even after reboot). creating numeric key pad to enter and change password. pump logic, walking beam logic, two hand control, state machines for pick and place, conveyor tracking etc.

to practice you don't to test it you have real conveyor, you can make a small model and move it by hand (slide etc.). but do have sensors to check for part present and position tracking (part counting) and button to signal that "part is bad" so that when it reaches eject station, bad part can be diverted/ejected.. 

Two terms to be sure you understand and allow for in your programming:

1.    DEBOUNCE

2.     INITIALIZATION

14 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

Two terms to be sure you understand and allow for in your programming:

1.    DEBOUNCE

2.     INITIALIZATION

thank you for replying and helping me. Will ask you if there is need 

Thank you 

14 hours ago, panic mode said:

not sure what your level is currently but for sure you want to build on it gradually. common beginner examples include conditioning and responding to signals, sequential logic etc. classic one is toggle of some bit using momentary button. variant of that is to create one that using same control to do multiple states such as on, off and their persistent versions (that can retain value even after reboot). creating numeric key pad to enter and change password. pump logic, walking beam logic, two hand control, state machines for pick and place, conveyor tracking etc.

to practice you don't to test it you have real conveyor, you can make a small model and move it by hand (slide etc.). but do have sensors to check for part present and position tracking (part counting) and button to signal that "part is bad" so that when it reaches eject station, bad part can be diverted/ejected.. 

Thank you for helping me out. Definitely I would do what you suggested.

16 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

@akashleo You will find tons of offerings with a simple google search.  @TimWilborne builds trainer units and may have some suggestions.

My advise would be to find an everyday item that can be automated and solve that.  For example, traffic lights at intersections are controlled by PLC in a lot of areas.

Can you assign the outputs of your ml1400 to control the lamps in a traffic light at an intersection and code for that?

Another favorite of mine is drafting the code for two conveyors in a factory merging into one.  Can you code the controls for that?

These sound simple, but as you dig into them they are quite involved.

I will try to solve your question,  and if stuck somewhere i will seek your help

thank you so much