Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kalaiselva14

RsLogix 5000 Enterprise version could not communicate

2 posts in this topic

HI,

I have installed Rslogix 5000 Enterprise version and Rslinx Classic V3.80.00. 
I can see the controller (L35) in my rslinx classic and can ping through my command prompt. 

Whenever, i try to upload from controller i have error popping up. 
Error Code: 80680042535 and 701-8004280C
I try to upload from other laptop and it is succesfull. 

I went through forums and tried deleting harmony file and i still encounter same issue. 

Please help.

Rockwell has a Tech Note that addresses the second error code. If you can see it in RSLinx, they say to check the firmware version of the PLC and make sure it's not at 1.x. If you can't see it in RSLinx, they say to clear the Harmony files.

Since you can upload from another laptop, I would confirm you have the right version of RSLogix installed on the laptop that's not working. While connected with the laptop that works, go to "Help" -> "About" to see the version of RSLogix that's installed. Or, go online and save. Then open the ACD file in notepad and scroll down to the end of the list of versions to see the version of the software that was used to save it. Then make sure you have the right version installed on the second laptop. In general, if the major revision of the software matches, you should be ok...but...there were a few major versions that don't work that way (v20 and 21 for sure). In those cases, make sure you have the right minor version as well.