PrecisionPLC

nx102 cpu password

8 posts in this topic

Hi

can anyone help me i have forgotten my password to enable me to go online with my nx102-9000 cpu, does anyone know a way off over writing the cpu password so i can get online

thanks

What you are requesting is not allowed on this forum. You can contact the manufacture and if you can prove you are the owner of the software they can help.

have rang omron unless cpu is sent back and wiped then ther eis nothing they can do. am i able to download over a password protected cpu?

Again it is against the terms of service to discuss anything to do with bypassing passwords on this forum. Your best option is to follow the offer from Omron

1) Contact the manufacturer of the equipment.

2) If you own the equipment and the rights to the program. (Written proof), then Omron should be able to help you get it unlocked.

Those are your options.

If you have the software, you can factory reset the plc with the deep switches.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:40 AM, Mikeaks said:

If you have the software, you can factory reset the plc with the deep switches.

Don't think there is a way to do that on Omron controllers... you can boot into program mode with a DIP switch to stop a program that keeps crashing, but I do not think you can get around a password that way.  And the reset would have to be triggered in programming software anyways, no DIP switch causes a factory reset.

On 17.3.2021 at 3:06 PM, Crossbow said:

Don't think there is a way to do that on Omron controllers... you can boot into program mode with a DIP switch to stop a program that keeps crashing, but I do not think you can get around a password that way.  And the reset would have to be triggered in programming software anyways, no DIP switch causes a factory reset.

Hallo Crossbow,

Sorry, my fault.
I was sure it was on Omron it was possible to factory reset, an option with the dip switches.
We had a guy from Omron doing some training here in the company I work for, where we discover an unpleasant way, where you can get around all password protection 
and then get the program 

he promised us that he will take it with him back and work on this problem :-2