patch91484@hotmail.com

NX 120 volt digital inputs

7 posts in this topic

We would like to use the NX102 for it's OPC UA capability but they don't appear to offer a 120 volt digital input card. The only seem to have a 220 volt input card.

We could use the NJ501 w/ CJ1W-IA111 cards but this processor is a little cost prohibitive compared to the NX102.

I was thinking about using their 32 point 24v input card (NX-ID6142-5) with interposing relays.

Has anyone found any good solutions for incorporating 120 volt digital inputs with the NX IO system?

I believe there are some terminal block and cable solutions for the 32-pt input modules that can do AC input, but I forget. 

Some simple slim DIN rail relays with AC coils would get you where you need to be.

I've switched all my switches and such over to 24VDC makes life easier... I don't put AC on the door of an enclosure anymore.

On another note, why would you jump from NX102 to NJ501?  Why not NJ101 or NJ301, lower end models.  NJ5 is high end.

NX102 and NX1P2 are newer products than NJ (all models).

20 hours ago, Crossbow said:

On another note, why would you jump from NX102 to NJ501?  Why not NJ101 or NJ301, lower end models.  NJ5 is high end.

NX102 and NX1P2 are newer products than NJ (all models).

The NJ5 is the only NJ that supports OPC I would think.

As for getting 120VAC inputs the G7TC relay blocks can pair with some of the NX DI cards directly. It is a convenient and clean way to do it but if you're on a budget it is actually cheaper to use multiple slim relays. A bit more wiring involved but the jumper bar can save you time.

Yeah that's right. The NJ501 and the NX102 are the only ones available with an OPC-UA server. It's a shame they don't expand their other processors to offer an OPC-UA server as it is a great feature.

I found this P2RVC-8-I-5 module that appears to attach straight to their slim relays, then cable over to the input card. This looks like a clean solution as long as it's cost effective.

Thanks

You could use an ethercat bus coupler from the likes of beckhoff and use I/O from their range. Then you could still utilize the NX102

Any Sysmac PLC supports OPC, as it runs on a PC and polls the data.  OPC UA is a different animal, its a server on board the PLC.  Yes, that's NJ5 or NX102.  And many of the PLCs in the NJ and NX families also support database functions and can save data straight into a database server like SQL or Oracle.

Better solution is to stay NX102 family and use relays than go back to the larger and higher end NJ5.