akashleo

Communication

4 posts in this topic

Hi all of you. How to communicate powerflex 40 driver to micrologix 1400.

Please help me with procedure. It will me my first time, please help me out

You have some choices:

You can connect by discrete digital signals for Start / Stop and a choice of 7 Present Speeds.

You can connect by discrete digital signals for Start / Stop and analog 0-10V or 4-20ma for Speed Control.

I believe you can do control over Ethernet IP if you pick the right Drive and Micrologix 1400 version.

You may even have a serial connection {modbus} control option available to you.

We really need to know what models you're playing with.

I know you can do control of a PF525 over Ethernet by a MicroLogix 1400...but it's a pain. I expect the PF40 would be similar.

I haven't done it, but a colleague has (I think he was just changing the speed reference). As I recall, each command takes more than one MSG instruction to execute and if any of the MSG's fail, it won't work at all. If you have an ML1400, I would limit the Ethernet traffic to reading out status (speed, command, fault messages, current, etc.) and leave the actual control to analog/discrete signals.

7 hours ago, BobLfoot said:

You have some choices:

You can connect by discrete digital signals for Start / Stop and a choice of 7 Present Speeds.

You can connect by discrete digital signals for Start / Stop and analog 0-10V or 4-20ma for Speed Control.

I believe you can do control over Ethernet IP if you pick the right Drive and Micrologix 1400 version.

Thanks for reverting back, Is there any written procedure or any videos which i can follow .

I have never done this and don't worry know how to do.

6 hours ago, Joe E. said:

I know you can do control of a PF525 over Ethernet by a MicroLogix 1400...but it's a pain. I expect the PF40 would be similar.

I haven't done it, but a colleague has (I think he was just changing the speed reference). As I recall, each command takes more than one MSG instruction to execute and if any of the MSG's fail, it won't work at all. If you have an ML1400, I would limit the Ethernet traffic to reading out status (speed, command, fault messages, current, etc.) and leave the actual control to analog/discrete signals.

6 hours ago, Joe E. said:

You have some choices: