d4rkm4n

Read Thru MelsecNet/H Q-Series

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

So I got 3 PLC connected to 1 Master PLC. The connection is melsecnetH using fiber optic.

I was wondering, is it possible to read/write to slave PLC thru master PLC? 

I am using GXWorks2 and all PLC is Q-series.

Thanks.

yes that is possible

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Gambit said:

yes that is possible

Could advise on how to do? By read/write I didnt mean for read/write the IO but the program/parameter, ie to modify slave 1 PLC from master PLC.

Thanks!

Sure, Open one of the slave projects. Create a new  connection destination and call ot ViaMaster or something like that.
Now you should get the transfer setup. First make the same settings as you have for your master coms (usb... ethernet... ).
press the connection test button. It should say that is found the master PLC.

Now on the third part (other station setting) change the No specification to other setting. (the second item/picture)
Now the next row should become available choose the first picture (..........10/H).
Click on tne picture and enter the network number you have setup for your Melsecnet and the station number of the slave which you want to communicate with.
press the connection test button. It should now be connected to your slave 

1 person likes this

On 3/5/2021 at 4:19 PM, Gambit said:

Sure, Open one of the slave projects. Create a new  connection destination and call ot ViaMaster or something like that.
Now you should get the transfer setup. First make the same settings as you have for your master coms (usb... ethernet... ).
press the connection test button. It should say that is found the master PLC.

Now on the third part (other station setting) change the No specification to other setting. (the second item/picture)
Now the next row should become available choose the first picture (..........10/H).
Click on tne picture and enter the network number you have setup for your Melsecnet and the station number of the slave which you want to communicate with.
press the connection test button. It should now be connected to your slave 

Thanks!

Some question tho;

"Sure, Open one of the slave projects. Create a new  connection destination and call ot ViaMaster or something like that.
press the connection test button. It should say that is found the master PLC."

For this, I required to connect to master or slave? Or required to open any slave projects and connected to master? I am using USB to read the PLC.

"Click on tne picture and enter the network number you have setup for your Melsecnet and the station number of the slave which you want to communicate with.
press the connection test button. It should now be connected to your slave "

I am struggling to find network no for the melsec net and station no for the slave PLC. Is there anywhere I can check from Master PLC parameter setting?

Thanks again! 

For this, I required to connect to master or slave? Or required to open any slave projects and connected to master? I am using USB to read the PLC

Yes , that was my example. So connect your USB to your master and select in the transfer setup USB connection as you would if you wanted to connect to that PLC.
Check comms and than do the next step

I am struggling to find network no for the melsec net and station no for the slave PLC. Is there anywhere I can check from Master PLC parameter setting?

These settings have been made already in the PLC network paraneters. (check those)

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, Gambit said:

For this, I required to connect to master or slave? Or required to open any slave projects and connected to master? I am using USB to read the PLC

Yes , that was my example. So connect your USB to your master and select in the transfer setup USB connection as you would if you wanted to connect to that PLC.
Check comms and than do the next step

These settings have been made already in the PLC network paraneters. (check those)

Thanks! Got it! Thank you very much!

But just to confirm, when I read thru melsecnet, I cannott read intelligent module, is that normal case?

If read direct read from USB, I can read the intelligent module.

I Haven't checked that but i think that should be possible to read that information.

21 hours ago, Gambit said:

I Haven't checked that but i think that should be possible to read that information.

I updated the version of GXWorks2, now its all OK! Thanks again mate.

Excellent !!! you are welcome  

1 person likes this