Shawn.M

Knock-Off FX PLC Serial Communication Problems

2 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

My company decided to purchase a piece of equipment from China, and I have the pleasure of updating its terrible existing controls. We were given the PLC program by the manufacturer, so I was able to make my changes pretty easily - or at least that would be the case if I could actually connect to the dang thing. The source program is indeed openable and editable via GX developer (the original configuration shows it as an FX3). I figured connecting should be straightforward, but I was wrong. 

I initially used a serial/usb converter that I've used on some older Allen Bradley equipment (which worked fine for that). However, after no luck using it on the "Mitsubishi", I purchased a different cable that I found recommended on this forum (Tripp Lite USA-19HS - https://www.alliedelec.com/product/tripp-lite/usa-19hs/70101537/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAj9iBBhCJARIsAE9qRtB_n8TVAnJdFyYokoEu42W6H6LaT4kVsgJQI1qvPUsUF3rFviKpbt0aApLHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds). Still, no luck. I've tried 7E1 and every baud rate possible, as well as some other bit/parity configurations (and yes, I've verified that I'm using the right com port, as well as tried moving the converter to different ports and trying those). Nothing seems to go through. 

I have almost no experience with Mitsubishi beyond a couple of FX5s (which have worked fine, but I connect to those via ethernet). Any help would be greatly appreciated; if I can't make these changes, I'm going to end up rebuilding the whole cabinet with a PLC I can rely on.

Thanks in advance.

Transfer Settings.PNG

Error.PNG

Device.PNG

PLC.PNG