sathu

Replace multipple slidebars with single slidebar in GT Designer 3

5 posts in this topic

Hello experts,

Im trying to figuring out to do some modifications in the HMI. As I’m not experienced so much with HMIs, I need some help and advice. May be if I explain the problem with more details it might be easy for you to give me some guidance.

Currently we are using so many sliders to change parameters in the screen. For example, in a screen we use 5 parameters to change and each of them have separate sliders. I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to make some buttons and when we choose a parameter a same position in a screen will use a big slider to access those parameters. Basically, a same big slider for change all the parameters.

As there are lots of elements involve in a sidebar, I couldn’t find out a way to make it. Can you give me some guidance to make it? 

Edited by sathu

What you need to is use the offset then in the extended parameters. Let say you make your slider for D0 but with an offset on D10.

Now let say the parameter in your program is for D500. you than create a button which will set 500 in D10. or a multifunction button which will also pop-up the windows containing the slider.

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Thank you so much Gambit. i have tried the offset Later yesterday after i post this but i use two switches for increment the value in the slider for example D0 range is 0-24 i use two switches in the end to add or deduct the value by 0.1 then another D1 0-60 range and it should increment by 1. is it possible to do it directly on GX designer or do i need to change the scaling in program? 

current screen.png

expect modification.png

Edited by sathu

You can scale in GT designer but it depends which kind of value you are working with. for instance Real or Integer.
The integer value doesn't contain a decimal point. However what you can do is have the value 1234 in the PLC but this is shown on the HMI as 1,234

for this you use the advanced setting settings: (operation scribt tab)

Select Dataoperation = > Data expression then just select AB and let the monitored value be divided by 1000 for the above example 

1 person likes this

Thank you. make sense i will give a try as you said.