6 posts in this topic

i want to communicate ml1400/compact logix L24ER to simatic s7200 via ethernet.Please help me with it i am new to it and dont know how to do it.

both devices need to support same network type to exchange data. if that is not possible, you can add gateway between the two. gateway need to be selected of course so that it supports both networks

1 person likes this

Thank you for responding my query .Network type is ethernet for both plc siemens s7200 and micrologix 1400/compactlogix L24ER. Actually i don't know how to do it.

It's not enough for both to be on the same network. They have to both speak the same language. In this case, the ML1400 and L24ER can natively talk together using a form of AB's Ethernet/IP while the S7-200 probably uses Profinet. You may be able to try to use Modbus as a common language between them. I've seen system OBs in the S7-300 world for Modbus but I don't know if they will work with an S7-200 or how difficult it would be to implement (I've never used Modbus). To get data between AB and Siemens in the past, I've used a Prosoft gateway module and a Red Lion HMI or Data Station. The Red Lion was actually cheaper and much simpler to use.

1 person likes this

we had some issues with this before. lets see if it is malfunctioning again:

no attachment meme.png

it seem to work fine...