Maher Salem

Memory Error

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

i have a problem with CQM1H , The ERR/ALM Lamp is ON and Error log shows a (Memory Error) 

what can i do ? is it a hardware error?

i'm intending to format the memory but the installed program is full of errors while compiling so, i'm afraid not to be able to transfer the program to CPU

any of you faced that problem ??

thanks in advance   

I have seen it, a retransfer of the program fixed it although it happened again a week or two later. They eventually had to replace the plc as it became more and more frequent. Did the program you pulled off have errors?

Can you post your program?

In the CQM1* days, there was some minor issues with software packages and compiling. Do you have an END instruction somewhere prior to the actual end of the program?

9 hours ago, Maher Salem said:

yes, a lot of errors (?????) about 1128 errors

Was there by chance a ridiculous amount of END statements ? Was there any logic remaining? If you're able to share like IO said that would help. I have pulled one off a perfectly functional CQ and seen some strange things

there was many end instructions , also part of program is in IL language and full of wrong codes appears as question marks (??????) 

i don't know clearing the memory will be useful or not ?? 

i'm not sure if is it hardware fault or software ??

On 2/24/2021 at 3:06 PM, IO_Rack said:

Can you post your program?

In the CQM1* days, there was some minor issues with software packages and compiling. Do you have an END instruction somewhere prior to the actual end of the program?

i tried to attach the program file but it failed , can you send me your mail ?? really i have an end instruction 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:31 AM, Maher Salem said:

also part of program is in IL language and full of wrong codes appears as question marks (??????) 

This is actually the Ladder shown in Mnemonics (Statement List). Probably because an instruction or value cannot be resolved. If you can manage to fix the ?????, then select the rung (from the left side), right click then select Show Rung As > Ladder. 

22 hours ago, Maher Salem said:

i tried to attach the program file but it failed

The forums have been having issues with this. Try using a different browser or host the program from Google, Dropbox or some other hosting site.

As far as the end statements, older software packages like Omron CPT used to transfer programs in their entirety. Meaning, it would transfer bad code (garbage) past the END statement. This caused CX Programmer to find all the issues because it will not compile with these problems. It's possible (and only possible) that you could delete everything past the first END statement if this is the case. 

Just going to throw this out there... Is this only one machine or do you have several that are the same? I ask because a lot of machines during this period had PLC replaced from CQM1 to CQM1H. These PLCs are very different even though the part numbers look similar. The instruction set was changed. The "H" is the newer instruction set.