marea01

DeviceNet with NSJ5-SQ00B-M3D PT to CJ2H PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I previously posted about connecting an Omron HMI to a PLC via DeviceNet.  I have managed to get them set up via CX-Integrator.  Now I am having trouble understand the shared input/output data as it pertains to controlling the PLC (CJ2H) program and vice versa (PLC program controlling the HMI.)  If, for instance, I pick a memory location, let's say W300 in the Work Area of memory, and set a toggle on the HMI to control it, it doesn't actually affect the program.  Likewaise, if I set a toggle in the PLC program to match the Controller work area memory and set it on/off, it doesn't actually change the HMI.  I have only been able to get some "artifacts" of string data to communicate one-way, one time.  Any help is appreciated!

I'm a bit confused - let's start with the Device net side:

Have you successfully linked some data between the 2 PLCs and confirmed the connection is operational and the data is valid?

As for the HMI communicating with the PLC side of your NSJ are you able to read and write to other registers?

Are you by chance writing to a register that is being overwritten by deviceNet data? (its easy to get IN and OUT mixed up) You can easily test this by toggling the same bit when you're online with CXP and if it doesn't respond then it's likely getting overwritten.

Hi photovoltaic!  Ok I think I've got it!  I was attempting to share W memory but I switch to CIO and I have data going back and forth now.  The only thing left is how to reference CIO when moving data to/from in CX-programmer... C is a different memory area so thats not it and CIO is not it...

In the PLC you don't need to have a preceding letter for the CIO area. ex. CIO100.03 is simply referred to as 100.03

yep I figured that out.  Appreciate your help!  so I think this is the last thing... I can't seem to get this String Display & Input field to update on the PT... I can see it changing in the CIO memory area when I'm monitoring online with the PLC program...

Nvm... Got it!  Like you wrote above, need to make sure and understand the difference between IN and OUT allocated memory areas relative to the Master.  Thanks so much photovoltaic!