Muhammad Javed

Allen Bradley 1756-L62A CPU compatibility with 1719 EX I/O

4 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I want to communicate Rockwell 1719 EX I/O with 1756-L62A CPU using 1756-EN2TR over Ethernet. Please help me whether it is possible or not? Thanks

I wouldn't think this would be an issue, considering you're just adding what is essentially remote I/O. You'll want to make sure the 1719 chassis is using the 1719-AENTR communication adapter (which I think is standard) to ensure good data transfer with the EN2TR, both of which (I believe) are DLR rated.

I looked in the Rockwell's Product Compatibility & Download Center and didn't find anything on firmware or Studio versions that might cause I/O compatibility issues, but just be aware that the old L6 controller you're using is hard-stopped at RSLogix 5000 V20. I don't have anything on my laptop below version 21, or I would've checked this for you myself before posting, but here's what you can do before you buy anything:

• Open an offline project for the 1756 chassis you're wanting to add the 1719 to.
  • Assuming the EN2T is already installed in the I/O tree, right click on the Ethernet icon below the EN2T and select "New Module".
  • On the catalog tab, type 1719 in the filter box and see if the 1719 EX I/O pops up. If it does, you should be good to order the chassis and modules.

Hope this helps.

I threw together a quick RSLogix 5000 project at v20 with an -L61 and an -EN2T. The 1719 I/O is not an option in the "select module type" dialog box.