wildan035

Slave State Transition Failed and Slave AL Status Error Detected in Ethercat Comunication

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a problem when communicating between PLC NX102 and ethercat slave module. ethercat slave still Safe-Operation state. and i get error 
• Slave State Transition Failed
• Slave AL Status Error Detected
does anyone know how to deal with it?

What slave are you trying to connect to?

In addition to photvotaic's question, are there any other devices on this EtherCAT network or is it just the one device?

On 2/20/2021 at 9:29 PM, photovoltaic said:

What slave are you trying to connect to?

connect 2 slave. slave 1 ICP DAS ECAT 2028 and slave 2 ICP DAS ECAT 2610. IPC DAS ECAT 2028 module can connect and run normally. but in the ICP DAS Ecat 2610 module I got the problem.

link description for module slave:
https://www.icpdas.com/en/download/index.php?model=ECAT-2610
http://www.icpdas.com/en/product/ECAT-2028

7 hours ago, BE said:

In addition to photvotaic's question, are there any other devices on this EtherCAT network or is it just the one device?

connect 2 slave. slave 1 ICP DAS ECAT 2028 and slave 2 ICP DAS ECAT 2610. IPC DAS ECAT 2028 module can connect and run normally. but in the ICP DAS Ecat 2610 module I got the problem.

link description for module slave:
https://www.icpdas.com/en/download/index.php?model=ECAT-2610
http://www.icpdas.com/en/product/ECAT-2028

I don't see any rotary switches for setting the node number. Have you assigned a node number to it in Sysmac?

53 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

I don't see any rotary switches for setting the node number. Have you assigned a node number to it in Sysmac?

module does not use a switch to set the node number. I set the node number on sysmac with the order icpdas ecat 2610 number 1 
and icpdas ecat 2028 number 2.

Did you write the slave node addresses to the modules or just fill them in on the EtherCAT window?  They don't do anything until they are transferred into the devices.

You said that the 2028 was Slave 1, and that the 2610 was slave 2.

Then you said that you set the nodes in Sysmac Studio to be 2610 as 1 and 2028 as 2.

Bit of a long shot here, but have you physically connected the devices together in the same way as you have set it up in Sysmac Studio?

Also, are there any EtherCAT hubs or does the network just run from the controller to the first device, and then loop to the 2nd device?

In what order are the devices are the devices physically connected (ie. PLC to 2610 to 2810 or PLC to 2810 to 2610)?

Last time I had a problem similar to this, it was because someone had connected a couple of devices the wrong way round. That said, the network I was working on had about 20 devices, not 2.

10 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Did you write the slave node addresses to the modules or just fill them in on the EtherCAT window?  They don't do anything until they are transferred into the devices.

i write slave node address to module and fill it in ethercat window and then i transfer to devices.

3 hours ago, BE said:

You said that the 2028 was Slave 1, and that the 2610 was slave 2.

Then you said that you set the nodes in Sysmac Studio to be 2610 as 1 and 2028 as 2.

Bit of a long shot here, but have you physically connected the devices together in the same way as you have set it up in Sysmac Studio?

Also, are there any EtherCAT hubs or does the network just run from the controller to the first device, and then loop to the 2nd device?

In what order are the devices are the devices physically connected (ie. PLC to 2610 to 2810 or PLC to 2810 to 2610)?

Last time I had a problem similar to this, it was because someone had connected a couple of devices the wrong way round. That said, the network I was working on had about 20 devices, not 2.

what i mean is i set the nodes is sysmac studio to be 2610 as 1 and 2028 as 2. 

yes, I connected the device as I set in sysmac studio.

i don't use the Ethercat hub, the network just run from the controller to the first device, and then loops to the second device.

in the order the devices are physically connected like this, PLC to 2610 to 2810.

great, you have used 20 devices at once, that means you have experienced an error just like me? and how do you solve it?

1 hour ago, wildan035 said:

great, you have used 20 devices at once, that means you have experienced an error just like me? and how do you solve it?

My issue was that 2 of my devices were connected the wrong way around. That is why I asked if you had connected them as per Sysmac Studio. :-)

That fact that you can connect to the 2810 (which is the last device to be patched in) would tell me that the EtherCAT network itself is working (ie. communications are going through the 2610 no worries). Doesn't explain why you can't connect to the 2610 though.

Following italicised words copied from the manual:

Once the power is connected, the “IN” and “Mode” LEDs should be flash in green.

Once the ECAT-2610(-DW)/2611 connected to EtherCAT Master, the “Run” LED should be illuminated in red.

Does you device do what is described there? Is the 'Run' LED red? Is the error light on the 2610 lit when you are trying to connect to it?

7 minutes ago, BE said:

My issue was that 2 of my devices were connected the wrong way around. That is why I asked if you had connected them as per Sysmac Studio. :-)

That fact that you can connect to the 2810 (which is the last device to be patched in) would tell me that the EtherCAT network itself is working (ie. communications are going through the 2610 no worries). Doesn't explain why you can't connect to the 2610 though.

Following italicised words copied from the manual:

Once the power is connected, the “IN” and “Mode” LEDs should be flash in green.

Once the ECAT-2610(-DW)/2611 connected to EtherCAT Master, the “Run” LED should be illuminated in red.

Does you device do what is described there? Is the 'Run' LED red? Is the error light on the 2610 lit when you are trying to connect to it?

on the ecat 2610 module the red LED or "RUN" LED lights up Single Flash The device is in the SAFE-OPERATIONAL state, the error indicator on the ecat 2610 module does not light up indicating there is no error in the module section.

on the ecat 2080 module the red LED or "RUN" LED lights up ON the device is in the OPERATIONAL state.

What are the Link Indicator lights doing on the 2610? Are they indicating that a connection has been established? Or are they off (indicating no connection)?

As far as I know, there are 4 states that EtherCAT devices go through during a normal start-up:

Init

Pre-Operational

Safe-Operational

Operational

For some reason, the 2610 is stopping at Safe-Operational. At this point I have no idea why, but I would be inclined to think that its something in the 2610. Hopefully someone else has some ideas that might help.

Could also be worth talking to the company that supplied you with the 2610 to see if they have any form of technical support that might be able to shed some light on the issue (assuming you haven't already done that)

Best of luck :-)

Go to edit the PDO map and when you exit the screen see if any messages pop up regarding pdo selection. I have seen some 3rd party esi files work on sysmac but require a manual adjustment to the PDO map.

2 hours ago, BE said:

What are the Link Indicator lights doing on the 2610? Are they indicating that a connection has been established? Or are they off (indicating no connection)?

As far as I know, there are 4 states that EtherCAT devices go through during a normal start-up:

Init

Pre-Operational

Safe-Operational

Operational

For some reason, the 2610 is stopping at Safe-Operational. At this point I have no idea why, but I would be inclined to think that its something in the 2610. Hopefully someone else has some ideas that might help.

Could also be worth talking to the company that supplied you with the 2610 to see if they have any form of technical support that might be able to shed some light on the issue (assuming you haven't already done that)

Best of luck 

The link indicator light shows that the PLC and ECAT module are connected.

next time I will try to contact the ICP DAS company to ask about this problem.

thank you for your help, next time I will update the progress of this problem. :-)

56 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

Go to edit the PDO map and when you exit the screen see if any messages pop up regarding pdo selection. I have seen some 3rd party esi files work on sysmac but require a manual adjustment to the PDO map.

ok sir, I will try this method.